[3830] RTTY WPX 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 00:59:20 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 3

------------
   80:
   40:  131
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

This ranked right up there as one of the most disastrous contests.

The original plan was to be SOAB-LP with SO2R but Mr. Murphy took up residence
in the shack from maybe Wednesday/Thursday before the contest. Computer started
acting up and eventually on Friday just before the contest I diagnosed the
problem - failing video card (of course this was easy conclusion once the card
actually failed - and naturally after all the stores were closed.

Also during the configuration I am still trying to figure out why my left radio
audio feeds through to my right radio (using Writelog, MK2R+, MMTY/2Tone under
XMMT). Tried everything I could think of or find on the internet but the
MK2R+/Windows 7 just kept sending the left channel audio across to the right.
This used to work fine but I can't figure why it would not work all week-end.
And yes, I'm aware of the issues with realtek on-board sound and tried the
documented work-arounds without success.

Anyway in the end I lost most of Saturday trying to find a dual-head video-card
which would support my now-dated VGA 17in LCD monitors. Along the way I
discovered that there are many flavours of DVI - I think I ended up with a card
which said it supported what I needed but which needed another trip to computer
stores to get a displayport to VGA "active" adapter.

SO, I gave out a few mults as time allowed on Sunday. Will be working to sort
out this MK2R+/Windows/Writelog issue so hope to see you in the next RTTY
contest.

73's, Dean - 8P6SH / 8P2K