[3830] RTTY WPX AD1C SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX AD1C SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 02:10:34 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

------------
   80:
   40:   77
   20:  125
   15:  189
   10:  131
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Radio:     Yaesu FTDX-5000 (100W)
Antennas:  HyGain AV-640 vertical, 1/2 G5RV in attic
Software:  WriteLog 11.18c

Part-time effort, the 15th anniversary of my first RTTY QSOs in 1999.
Conditions were not the best, given the solar numbers.  Europe on 40 was tough
both night, and on 10 Sunday morning only Italy really seemed to be coming
through.  Very few JAs on 40 both mornings, never heard VK or ZL either.

I got distracted Friday night, finally working FT5ZM on both 30 and 17 meter
RTTY (all-time new mode for me).

Thanks to the ARRL stations for getting on - W1AW/KH6 from HI and W100AW/4 from
FL.  WriteLog said the prefix for the latter was W104 - is that right?

I kind of wished LM1814 has operated the contest - how often is your whole
callsign the same as your prefix?

Operating seems to get ruder each year.  People were calling all over-top of an
SV9 Saturday morning, continually dumping in their calls, even when he was in
mid-QSO.  Twice, stations started CQing so close to me that I could not copy
any stations calling me because one of their tones was within my RTTY BW.  They
were loud enough that they should have heard me.