[3830] RTTY WPX AL9A SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX AL9A SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 05:25:37 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

------------
   80:    4
   40:   31
   20:   69
   15:  132
   10:    1
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Who do I see about a do over? This was a genuine wipeout weekend. HIgh wind
alert for most of South Central Alaska came to fruition on Friday and continues
now with no let up is sight until late Tues. To save the antennas I had to fully
lower the tower to 24 feet. Not great propagation at that altitude!

Saturday was a total wipe out due to family activities. My grandson has an
unfortunate (for me!) birthdate that sometimes collides with the WPX RTTY
weekend. This is one of those years! So instead of playing radio I got to go
watch 16 9 year olds pitch gutter balls at the local bowling alley all
afternoon!  Yahoo!  Just as well I guess. Others up here were grousing about
both the wind and the abysmal propagation conditions.

Today the winds have continued unabated and I just lost all interest. Hopefully
the ARRL DX CW Contest next weekend will offer some relief to my bruised psyche.