[3830] RTTY WPX WN6K SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WN6K SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:36:00 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
   80:    9
   40:  138
   20:  180
   15:  226
   10:  226
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had a previous engagement of escorting my two granddaughters to their school
dance on Friday night so I delayed starting the contest till the next morning.

It went fairly well except for the fact that in LP, once has to 'hide in plain
sight' up as high in the bands as you can.  My strategy was to find someone
working 'alone' up high and go 1 kc above them.

One can not get high rates on RTTY (even you SO2R types stop us in the middle
to answer your second radio instead of answering your callback...if you took
too long (my calling twice and no answer, you got dumped.)  Sunday was affected
most by the high A/K alerts I got of some event ~2330.  After the event, signal
levels were high flutter from EU and lots of repeats even stateside.

WN6K, Paul