[3830] ARRLDX CW N1CC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1CC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 00:03:46 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:    4     4
   80:   22    18
   40:  118    57
   20:  220    68
   15:  373    64
   10:  383    70
-------------------
Total: 1120   281  Total Score = 944,160

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

FT-990 100W w/MFJ-1026 (Mostly as Preamp for RX) Force 12 C-3 @ 64'.  80/40 Fan
Dipole @ 50', Inverted L for 160 w/elevated Radials, and the DX Engineering 43'
Vertical used only as a noise antenna.

Had good runs on 20/15/10.  I would notice a "run" slowing down, and
discover that a US Big gun had zero-beat my signal and was "stealing"
the run.  Pretty "petty" of the guy with big antennas and power ... I
would move as soon as I figured it out.  One guy, a VIP in Ham radio did it on
10 Meters and later on 15 Meters...I guess CT stations can't hear TX stations
beaming over their 50 dB over signals on my end... In part this is a detriment
to operating, and is mostly caused by the high end new receivers that don't
notice adjacent channel signals well - on purpose. (Tounge-in-cheek why the
1-land boys move in so tight)

All in all, a fun event, I more than doubled last years QSO total and overall
score...should have spent more time on 40.

73, Jim