[3830] ARRLDX CW WB9JPS SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gwj@spamcop.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WB9JPS SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 00:16:48 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WB9JPS
Operator(s): WB9JPS
Station: WB9JPS

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:
   40:   69    42
   20:   95    40
   15:  170    58
   10:   98    45
-------------------
Total:  432   185  Total Score = 239,760

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: TS-590, KPA500 turned down to 150. Low dipoles (15 ft), vertical for 10m.
N1MM logging.

Ran low power to avoid killing the UVerse modem. No amount of ferrite seems to
keep the darned thing on line. My all-time best for this contest. If nobody
else enters my class, maybe I'll win EB low-power assisted again. Only 1 new
DXCC, guess I've worked all the easy ones by now. Suffered thru too many hours
of listening to plasma TV buzz on 20m. I'm about to buy all my neighbors new
LCD sets.

Oddest propagation experience: 0000-0030 2/16 UTC, midwest stations sounded
like they were having sound card problems, the most bizarre sounding signals
I've ever heard.

Award for keying macro failure goes to KP4EJ, "sentrstcut att pr nr?"
 Time to learn about the N1MM editor...