[3830] ARRLDX CW K4AB SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larry.k4ab@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4AB SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 00:22:31 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4AB
Operator(s): K4AB
Station: K4AB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Huntsville, Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:   15    15
   80:  100    50
   40:  448    77
   20:  754    92
   15:  861    92
   10:  927    89
-------------------
Total: 3109   415  Total Score = 3,866,970

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

What a pleasant surprize to have the bands in great shape, despite
the dire predictions.  The low bands on the first night were the quietist
I can recall, and signal level were good.

One of the things I look forward to in this contest are the 2 A.M. local
openings over the pole.  The Asia/Europe pileups were massive.  And
everyone is calling zero beat on my frequency.  Plus add in the Arctic
flutter and the endless calling of some poor ops.  Still is it one of
my favorite things.

73,
Larry K4AB