[3830] ARRLDX CW N9CO SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N9CO@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N9CO SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 00:38:25 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N9CO
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: N9CO

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Sycamore, IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  797   101
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  797   101  Total Score = 240,582

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Lots of fun, as always, in this one.  Personal obligations kept me from joining
W0AIH team, so spent as much time as I could on 20m.  Amplifier still on
workbench, waiting to be finished (one of these days...) so jumped in with all
that I have:  FT-1000MP and TS-930S.  Started out using the MP, but switched
over to the 930 sometime on Saturday, just for fun.  It's been awhile since
I've made more than a few QSO's on the 930, mainly to make sure that it still
works, and now I need to try to remember why I moved it to standby rig status.
It has the PIEXX and INRAD roofing filters, and it held up to the pileups very
well.  Signals seemed easy to copy and distinguish from each other.  Going to
have to re-think rig strategy.  Used a single yagi, homebrew, 4el on 26' boom,
at 84' for all qso's.  Rotator got a good workout.

73 es thanks for all the fun,
Charlie  N9CO