[3830] ARRLDX CW AD1C SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW AD1C SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 00:54:57 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:
   80:
   40:  196    76
   20:  311    84
   15:  510    96
   10:  376    92
-------------------
Total: 1393   348  Total Score = 1,449,072

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Radio:     Yaesu FTDX-5000 (100W)
Antennas:  HyGain AV-640 vertical, 1/2 G5RV in attic
Software:  WriteLog

Wow!

This is the best score I've ever made from Colorado, and double my previous
personal best in 2012.

Conditions for the first 24 hours were perfect.  I can't say the same for the
second 24 hours.  There was no real enhancement to Europe on 40 meters at their
sunrise, and 10m didn't quite measure up Sunday morning.  In fact I think there
was a 1/2 hour period around 15z where Europe kind of just went away, but later
came back.  I am glad I spent so much time on 10m Saturday morning.

My most memorable QSO was HS0ZKX on 10m Saturday evening. I gave up on the band
too early, but was rewarded when I returned. This is only the 2nd Thai station
I've worked from CO, and my first on CW.

Thanks to everyone who struggled to pull my call out of the QSB and QRM.
Special thanks to my wife Carol who let me have the house to myself, even
though it was Valentine's Day weekend.

Callsigns worked on the four bands I operated:

3V8BB,6Y2T,9A1A,9A8M,AL1G,CN2AA,CR3L,CS2C,DK0ALC,DK3GI,DK5QN,DL1A,DL1II,E7DX,EA5RS,EA6FO
EC2DX,ED1R,ED7P,EF5F,EF8USA,EI5KF,ES5Q,F6HKA,HA3NU,HB9FAP,HG1S,HG7T,HK1NA,IO5O,IR1Y,IR2C
IR4M,J38XX,JA1BJI,JA7IC,JE1LFX,JE1ZWT,JF1NHD,JH1EAQ,JH4UYB,KH2/N2NL,KH6CJJ,KH6LC,KH7XX
KL2R,KL7RA,KP2B,KP2M,KP4EJ,KP4KE,LZ9W,M3W,NP2N,NP2P,NP4Z,OA4SS,OE2S,OH1F,OL3Z,OL7M,OM7M
OT2A,P40L,P40LE,P40W,PI4TUE,PJ2T,PJ4X,PJ5W,PS2T,PT2CM,RT0C,RT0F,S54W,SK3W,SM3EVR,SO9Q,SP9LJD
TI5W,TM6M,UA0ZAM,V26M,V31TP,VP2EZZ,VP5S,VP9/W6PH,WL7E,XR2V,YJ0OU,YN2NC,YS1YS,YT3A,YU5R
ZF35A,ZM1A,ZM90DX,ZZ80SP

Count of countries worked, by band:

          160M    80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total

    3V                     1      1      1      1       4
    4O                                   1              1
    4X                                   1              1
    5B                                   1      1       2
    6W                                          1       1
    6Y                     1      1      1      1       4
    9A                     7      5      9      6      27
    9K                                          1       1
    9L                     1      1      1              3
   9M6                     1             1      1       3
    BY                                   2      2       4
    C6                     2      1      1      1       5
    CE                     2      2      2      3       9
   CE9                     1             1              2
    CM                     3      1      3      1       8
    CN                     1      2      1      1       5
    CT                     1      2      1      2       6
   CT3                     1      1      1      2       5
    CU                     1                    1       2
    CX                            1      4      3       8
    D4                            1                     1
    DL                     9     15     45     29      98
    DU                                          1       1
    E7                     1      1      3      1       6
    EA                     6     13     15     12      46
   EA6                     1      2      1      1       5
   EA8                     2      4      3      3      12
    EI                     1      1      5      2       9
    ES                     1      2      1      2       6
    EU                     1      2      3      1       7
     F                     2     11     19      9      41
    FG                     1      2      1      1       5
    FP                                   1              1
    FY                            1                     1
     G                     3      6     11     11      31
    GI                            1      2      1       4
    GJ                                   1              1
    GM                     1      2      3      4      10
    GU                                   1      1       2
    GW                                   1      1       2
    HA                     7     10     12     12      41
    HB                     2      2      3      1       8
    HC                     1      1             1       3
    HI                            1      1      1       3
    HK                     2      1      2      1       6
    HL                                   1      1       2
    HS                                          1       1
     I                     7     13     30     13      63
    IS                                   1              1
    J3                     1      1      1      1       4
    JA                    28     19     60     71     178
    JW                     1      1                     2
     K                     1             3              4
   KH2                     2      1      3      2       8
   KH6                     5      6      9      6      26
    KL                     4      5      5      5      19
   KP2                     4      4      4      4      16
   KP4                     3      4      3      4      14
    LA                     2      2      5      2      11
    LU                            4      3     16      23
    LX                                   2      1       3
    LY                     1      2      5      1       9
    LZ                     3      3      6      3      15
    OA                     1      1      1      1       4
    OE                     1      2      1      1       5
    OH                     4      9     10      3      26
    OK                     4      9     16     10      39
    OM                     3      4      5      3      15
    ON                     3      2      6      3      14
    OX                                          1       1
    OZ                            1      3      3       7
    P4                     3      3      3      3      12
    PA                     1      3     11      7      22
   PJ2                     1      1      1      1       4
   PJ4                     1      1      1      2       5
   PJ5                     1      1      1      1       4
    PY                     5     15     15     18      53
    S5                     5      7     15     11      38
    SM                     2      6     11      3      22
    SP                     3      4     19      7      33
    SV                     1             1      1       3
    TF                                   1              1
    TI                     1      1      1      1       4
    TK                                   1              1
    UA                     4     17     14      2      37
   UA2                            2      2      1       5
   UA9                     5     19     14      9      47
    UN                            6      1              7
    UR                     1      5     13      3      22
    V2                     1      1      1      1       4
    V3                     1      1      1      1       4
    V7                                   1              1
    VE                                          1       1
    VK                     2      2      4      3      11
  VP2E                     1      1      1      1       4
   VP5                     1      1      1      1       4
   VP9                     1      1      1      1       4
    VR                                          1       1
    XE                     2      2      1      1       6
    YJ                     1      1      1      1       4
    YL                     1      1      1      1       4
    YN                     2      1      2      1       6
    YO                     1      3      5      2      11
    YS                     1      1      1      1       4
    YU                     2      7      6      2      17
    YV                            1                     1
    Z3                            1      1              2
    ZF                     1      2      3      2       8
    ZL                     2      2      3      4      11
    ZS                            1      2      1       4