[3830] ARRLDX CW KD9MS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KD9MS SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 01:08:42 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL EM57mh
Operating Time (hrs): 17:45

  160:    7     7
   80:   50    34
   40:   77    40
   20:  128    46
   15:  119    47
   10:  119    59
-------------------
Total:  500   233  Total Score = 349,500

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Not the effort I wanted to put in, missed most all of Saturday morning for a
shopping trip (concessions for my wife's school) and had to work Saturday
afternoon and early evening. (Gotta support my radio habit!)

Bands sounded great Friday!, Saturday night, not so much. low bands weren't bad
but parts of 40 and 20 were fluttery from the CME that hit us. They came back
with a flurry on Sunday afternoon though, allowed me to make my goal of 500 on
such a messed up weekend time wise.

Need to work on the second tower rotor, it stopped about 2100UTC but
fortunately it stopped at 45 degrees so I could still use it for EU. It'll
start up again, I hope. Front end of FT450D takes a whoopin' is these contests,
especially when someone is 10kHz wide anyway. Learn to tune your amp! And don't
drive it so hard, YOU'RE 50 OVER ANYWAY!!! Even here in the black hole I can
hear you, very well!

Thanks to all the stations that were forgiving of me when I did decide to step
into the deep waters of calling CQ, it took me a few minutes, but I finally got
the hang of it (kinda). I have heard pileups before, been in bunches of them but
when you get that first one, its really cool!

Looking forward to the SSB, hopefully I will have more time.

73,
Craig