[3830] ARRLDX CW W1NN SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W1NN SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 02:48:31 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:  124    52
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  124    52  Total Score = 19,344

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Remote from Japan using 100 watts and a dipole at 60 feet back in Ohio.  With
this setup, I can only work the top layer of stations on 80, but it's fun to
see what I can do.  The only mults I heard and could not work were OA4SS, Z35T
and JA8RWU, my friend in Hokkaido where I almost operated for this event.
Sorry I couldn't make it, Akira-san.  You were really loud on 80.

Given the fantastic conditions, I had to operate a little on the other bands,
mostly in the morning my time (evening US time) to work some of my JA friends.
I worked a little over 25 on each 10 and 15, only 1 on 20, and about 7 on 40. We
had a record-breaking snowstorm just before the contest which I think prevented
a couple of the big JA stations from getting on the air.  Too bad, they missed
some really good conditions.

I am submitting a 80M single band log but here is what I did in total:

160  10 10
80  124 52
40  102 51
20   60 42