[3830] ARRLDX CW VE7XF SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE7XF SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 04:00:41 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: near Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    1     1
   80:   20    11
   40:  115    65
   20:  283    85
   15:  370    86
   10:  232    76
-------------------
Total: 1021   324  Total Score = 992,412

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Well, that was fun! Mostly S&P (mult hunting), with a few good runs to JA.
Too noisy to run towards Europe on any band.

Saturday was much better than Sunday, even with the severe Au flutter,
affecting SA this time.
Managed a few 80m Qs and mults in the mornings, after the neighbour's plasma
TVs were turned off. Heard very few DX on 160, and they were very weak, so
couldn't work any.

I don't usually operated 'assisted', but it sure makes working mults easier
;-)
Only one dupe - my fault for believing the cluster.

The cluster-generated pileups on the rare ones were horrendous in the last few
hours. Note to Cluster Clickers: learn what QNY means.
For the rest of us: pass it on so others understand it too!
If you don't get it, check with Ward, N0AX.

I'll be hosting VE7TJF and VA7QLT (under their own calls) for the SSB event.
We're hoping for YL-powered pileups - call them if you can.

Ralph, VE7XF

K-line, 3el Steppir (probably worn out now :-) and wires.