[3830] ARRLDX CW DJ8OG SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, matthias.kromm@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW DJ8OG SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 04:33:25 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: DJ8OG
Operator(s): DJ8OG
Station: DJ8OG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: JO40MF
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:    9     7
   80:   95    27
   40:  320    50
   20:  108    48
   15:  153    50
   10:  315    56
-------------------
Total: 1000   238  Total Score = 714,000

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Actually I didn't want to do this but then I had a QSO with DJ5EU and thought I
give it a try. Erected a 80m GP in the garden on thursday after work (finished
in the dark, wasn't straight at all but worked). I was QRV when time and sleep
permits. I wanted to test the 80m GP but it was not as expected (house to the
US within a couple of meter???). The Goal was to make at least 500 QSOs. Mostly
S&P as CW is not my best mode :-) but from time to time tried some running
to keep the fun up. Ended at 1000 Q's on sunday afternoon and dismantled the
80m GP again. All in all a relaxed "contest" weekend.
Also thanks to K3LR, W1UE, W5MX and WE3C for all bands. I tried hard to
maximize the lowland QSOs but conditions were not at is best. Heard W3LPL but
they couldn't copy me on top band. No other hears here.
Hope to see you during the upcoming contests again,
Matt - DJ8OG