[3830] RTTY WPX DR1D(DL1NX) SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX DR1D(DL1NX) SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:25:09 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: DR1D
Operator(s): DL1NX
Station: DL3KO

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Kerpen
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
   80:
   40: 1203
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Rio DX Group

Comments:

Hello all,
I'm not a very enthusiast of RTTY, I do when I can or when I have chance to.
So DL3KO asked me if I would like to do WPX that weekend at DR1D and I said
"why not?" :)
The beginning was very good with average rate of 75 QSO/hour, for me this is
too much, but after I have seen P49X rate I think this is just a
"snack". hihihi
I have a small issue if (I can say issue) but an software misconfiguration
didn't let me get the prefixes on screen, it was disappearing too fast and
after an email to the WT reflector I've got a quick answer from Bob, N6TV and I
could fix it for the second part of Contest.
At beginning of second Part of contest Murphy shows up and took my other
antenna then the rate was terrible, around 30 QSOs/Hour and kept on this way
until the end.

Propagation was amazing the whole time but turning antenna left and right all
the time was terrible, for the first time I've used the 2tone as double check
window and it was really nice to see how many stations and number was perfect
there compared to MMTTY, thanks for the tip from Vilnis, YL2KF.
I think there are a lot of things to learn about RTTY to take advantage of all
software configurations and so on...

73
Alex
PY2SEX | DL1NX