[3830] ARRLDX CW N9TF SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N9TF SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:27:13 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:  131    60
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  131    60  Total Score = 23,580

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

No time for contesting during the day this weekend. 80 was way too noisy here
and was unable to hear any DX, so decided to see what I could do on 40m. 100
watts and rotatable trap dipole at 37'and fixed trap dipole at 35' apex NE/SW.
Ended up using the fixed dipole (DX-LB) for EU as the D4 rotatable was detuning
all of a sudden when it was parallel to the DX-LB. I think the mound of snow on
the roof building under the antennas has something to do with the added
coupling, as I did not have this problem B4. Used the D4 NW/SE which worked
well. Thanks to all the stations that heard my weak signal and hanging in
there. Sorry for some repeats on my end, had an S5 noise floor the whole
contest.

73 Gene N9TF