[3830] ARRLDX CW OM7RU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OM7RU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:54:03 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:   24    14
   80:   84    25
   40:  428    51
   20:  669    53
   15:  508    56
   10:  287    51
-------------------
Total: 2000   250  Total Score = 1,500,000

Club: Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

First note: the total results are real.
Everybody has goals before the contest. My goals was: "It would be nice to
have about 2000 QSOs, 250 mults or 1,5 milions points.". But when all those
numbers has met on scoreboard on Sunday at 23:59:38, I thought about software
fault, hi. So thanks to VE3JM (mult # 250) and N3XL (QSO # 2000). Yes, real
result will be reduced after log checking...

Conditions was interesting. 160m and 80m bands was closed in fact. Fortunately
I was on right time on right place on Sunday morning: 1 hour NA opening on
160m. 80m only a bit better. Only 40m was the place for racing.
High bands was oposite to low bands. 20m and 15m were nice opened. I was able
to run nice pileups on 10m on Saturday, with good rate of mults, but it was
worse on Sunday. I was not able to make effective pileup, so I preferred 15m
and 20m.

This contest I run without setup changes and it resulted to really stable
hardware. I only adjusted some voltages on ACOM 2000A (thanks to Val, LZ1VB
from ACOM) and it works at 100 % all the time.

Just one more SORRY to CT3IB. There was not right time to make simple QSO of 20
WPM in style "both calls + UR RST IS... = MY NAME IS...". Especially
just during ARRL contest, just during K/VE pileup of 150 Q/H. Your signal was
599 +40 dB, so sorry for my QSY after your long minutes of your sloooow
calls...

Thanks to all participants!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A (1,5 kW OUT)
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 WinTest
 UltraBeam UB ONE rotator

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 40m:  InvVee @21m
 20, 15, 10m: Cushcraft A4S 3 el. tribander @31m

73!