[3830] ARRLDX CW N7IR SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7ir@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N7IR SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 01:28:55 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:    4     4
   80:   25    19
   40:  197    62
   20:  152    61
   15:  254    69
   10:  284    69
-------------------
Total:  916   284  Total Score = 780,432

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Ah, what could have been?  This score is only a few percent less than my all
time high score from 2002.  If the CME had hit 24 hours later this effort would
have produced my highest ARRL DX CW contest score.  I kept pushing the
multiplier total all day on Sunday since I knew the rate wasn't going to be
there.  Even so there were new people to work on every band to the very end.

Non-polar paths were good enough for me to run Asia and Oceania on 10 and 15
meters on Saturday evening.  That hasn't happened here using QRP since the peak
of cycle 23.

This contest was the shake-down cruise of new 5B4AGN TX band-pass filters and
antenna switching hardware.  All of the careful wiring work and testing over
the previous couple of weeks ensured that Mr. Murphy went to visit elsewhere.

Thanks for the contacts and your patience.
73
Gary, N7IR