[3830] ARRLDX CW N4FP SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wayne@wgb.cc
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4FP SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 03:21:57 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4FP
Operator(s): N4FP
Station: N4FP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: The Villages, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 6.67

  160:
   80:
   40:   47    27
   20:   71    36
   15:   16    13
   10:   64    33
-------------------
Total:  198   109  Total Score = 64,746

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Used this contest to experiment with various configurations:  Flex 3000, 100
Watts to 22' flagpole fed thru SG-237 tuner at base of flagpole; TS-440SAT, 100
watts to 20 meter loop fed thru Dentron tuner; TS-440SAT driving Ameritron
AL-811H to 22' fishing pole fed thru Dentron tuner.  The Flex 100 held its own
wherever I used it.  The TS-440SAT to the loop was a disappointment.  Tried
higher power to the loop and blew out a new W2AU balun.  TS-440SAT with high
power to the 22' fishing pole was a lot of fun on 10 meters, worked Guam and
Japan.  If I had it to do over, I would stick to the Flex 3000 at 100 watts to
the flagpole and spend the time used to experiment with other antennas and high
power on actual operating.  I spent way too much time trying to build/modify
antennas during the contest. Still a very fun Ham Radio Weekend.