[3830] ARRLDX CW 6Y2T(VE3DZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3dz@ac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 6Y2T(VE3DZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 04:39:06 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: 6Y2T
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: 6Y5WJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Jamaica
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:  422    57
   80:  722    58
   40:  858    59
   20: 1075    59
   15: 1222    59
   10: 1390    59
-------------------
Total: 5689   351  Total Score = 5,990,517

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

First, thanks to Josh (6Y5WJ) and Jenny for hosting me again this year!

Equipment and antennas were pretty much the same as last year. Forgot to bring
my SO2R box, but Josh keeps so many parts and wires at his place, so it was
just a matter of 2 evenings with soldering iron to assemble fully finctional
basic SO2R interface (combined with RigExpert TI-5) on the spot from scratch.
Hearing a lot of rumours from previous CQ WW DX CW about what might be done
with 48 hour-dual CQ'ing I was eager to try it. Probably as a result my score
was way down from last year (and I am some 700 Q's short), because I can't
blame it on conditions which were good to excellent both days.
Another possible reason of the lower score (or maybe a combination with #1
reason) - declined activity... Have to agree with John K6AM on that. Just could
not get it going up untilvery end... (Oh! to usual 200 Q/hr. rates)

Multipliers. Got almost everything I could get. Missed VE5 on 80, but never
heard one, and couldn't catch a good timing to move anyone from another band.
Same with ND and VE4 on 160, though I tried real hard to move some guys. BTW,
thanks a lot to those who moved for me, especially to Rick VO1SA for rare NF
6-bander. Last mult worked was MS on 10 (thanks to N5TF).

Sorry for being rusty on the 2nd night - fatigue and sleepiness took over.
Slept 45 min on the 1st night and a bit ver  hours on the second.
Had fun anyway... Lots of good ops. Wish you all good luck in the Phone part.

P.S. I devoted this operation to the memory of Don, VE3RM who passed away last
week. Don was a very good friend and a mentor many. RIP O.M.