[3830] ARRLDX CW ZY5M(IV3NVN) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, candotto@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW ZY5M(IV3NVN) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:36:09 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ZY5M
Operator(s): IV3NVN
Station: ZX5J

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Alto da Boa Vista )S
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1567    58
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1567    58  Total Score = 272,484

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

My first ARRL International DX contest from this QTH.
I dit enjoy it a lot.
Unfortunately the propagation did not help alot, especially the second day
(1073 QSO'S the 1st day and 494 the the 2nd).
During the morning time the signals from NA where loud but was very hard to
break the EU wall.
Anyway, very nice contest.

After long time I had the opportunity to use the old Yaesu FT-1000D.
Ofcourse I know about the enormus technical progress of the modern rigs, but
the audio of the FT-1000D is so relaxing and so rich that I can compare it like
listening to classical music tuned with the reference A at 432Hz (insted of 440
or even higer like in DL), like in the Giuseppe Verdi time.
I wish we could go back to use 432Hz as reference A.
Even with the CW filter was really an absolutely nice audio.
But at the afternoon of second day a problem surged and had to use the backup
rig.
My Elecraft K2 had a problem aswell, not sure if it was RF or something else,
but the transmitted CW tone was very bad.
So, had to change radio again, and used an FT-900 to the end of the contest.

I want to express my gratitude to all of you for the qso�'s and once again to
Sergio PP5JR for giving me the opportunity to operate his great station.
Many thanks to Walter PP5WG and Rodrigo for the great logistic support.

See you in the ARRL SSB again as ZY5M maybee on 20m or 40m.

73�'s de Simone IV3NVN