[3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 20:50:29 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VP9/W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: VP9GE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bermuda
Operating Time (hrs): 37.6

  160:  161    38
   80:  341    46
   40:  661    54
   20: 1164    58
   15:  950    58
   10:  529    50
-------------------
Total: 3806   304  Total Score = 3,471,072

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

IC-7000  Win-Test 11.4.1
160m:    Inv-L (3 radials)
80:      Dipole at 30 feet
40:      KA Dipole at 30 feet
20-10:   A4S at 35 feet

My low band contacts were 800 below last year.  It was brutal on the low bands
and I know that I was an alligator.  But I just could not pull call signs out
of the noise.  Continuous S9 noise.  I threw in the towel early on Saturday
night.  So did a lot of people so I probably didn't miss a lot.

The high bands were pretty good and I had high rates after Europe closed.  The
whole southeast was blacked out on 10 meters.  I missed a bunch of multipliers
down there.  But there was a lot of activity and I had 160 more contacts there
this year.

I hope the low bands are better for ARRL Phone.

73, Kurt W6PH