[3830] ARRLDX CW AB1J SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW AB1J SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 20:12:57 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Waltham, EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 14:04

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   65    40
   15:  226    76
   10:  139    62
-------------------
Total:  430   179  Total Score = 230,910

Club:

Comments:

This was a casual operation to keep my code speed up AND watch the Olympics with
my wife on yet another snowy weekend.  Conditions were good and I had so much
fun that I operated more than planned.  Still, my wife wasn't a weekend ham
radio widow as she was the weekend before in the RTTY contest.

I had to take down my 40m antenna as it might break under a load of wet snow so
"all band" for me meant 20-10 and I stuck tighter to 15 and 10 since
they were so good.  Guess I missed out on some really good 20m conditions.

It's always fun to see the power levels, which ranged from 1500 to 00.  I gave
them both 599.  I like interesting exchanges, like power, age, or first year
licensed.  Serial numbers are interesting to gauge how well others (i.e.,
competitors) are doing.

At some point in the contest I sat back and reflected on the wonders of
computer logging.  I was sitting there merrily logging away with nary a care in
the world.  It's something I take for granted now, but I date from the ancient
era of pencil and paper and a great big dupe sheet taped to the desktop (a
physical desktop) and plenty well remember all that misery.  What a mess!
Logging nowadays is a smooth and pleasant activity.  Thanks to N1MM in my case
and to others in general.

Thanks for all the QSOs.  Might be in the Russian contest and certainly hope to
be in the WPX-CW in May which is my favorite CW contest.

FT2000-N1MM-Win8
Attic dipoles

73,
Ken, AB1J