[3830] NAQP RTTY KU5B(@NX5M) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KU5B(@NX5M) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 06:00:56 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B N5XJ KJ5T NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Somerville, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  195    45
   40:  325    53
   20:  423    56
   15:  398    52
   10:  121    26
-------------------
Total: 1462   232  Total Score = 339,184

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Thanks to N5XJ and KJ5T for doing a good chunk of the operating. They did a
stellar job keeping BIC and running. NX5M joined us around 2230z and ran 80 for
all it was worth.

This was the first year we didn't have to completely re-configure the shack as
I recently got another Signalink USB for the FT-990 on the 15m station
position. After some re-wiring and additional engineering help from NX5M, we
got the Signalink working through the Packet jack just as the rest of the
radios are. I think this will probably be as far as I go with RTTY at the
station.

Great weather and quiet bands made this pretty fun on the low bands. 40m seemed
like it had lower activity for some reason this time around. The station played
great with no major problems. N5XJ came up with a new term which we all found
amusing: the "dupiplier" wherein each dupe we worked was met with a
shout of 'dupiplier'.

For the second time in an NAQP RTTY, Win-Test and N6TV's #CLEARRIT script
caused a crash on the 15m station computer early in the contest. Removing all
#CLEARRIT scripts from the messages solved that problem. I thought I'd had this
nailed, but I suppose it's back to the drawing board.

4 x Signalink USB
2 x FT-1000MP MkV Field (Stn 4: 10/80, Stn 3: 20)
1 x FT-1000D (Stn 2: 40)
1 x FT-990 (Stn 1: 15)

Thanks for the Q's and the moves.

Colin KU5B