[3830] NAQP RTTY WN6K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY WN6K Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 16:22:30 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:    0     0
   40:  181    41
   20:  115    37
   15:  182    39
   10:  118    33
-------------------
Total:  596   150  Total Score = 89,400

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Conditions were fairly good. I think I shortened the exchange as much as I could
to maximize the listening to transmit ratio but boy some of these folks call you
back with almost a minute and half exchange...it's a contest gang.

Getting just a hair under 60 Qs per hour for the entire contest was satisfying
and I NEVER left the chair during the ENTIRE 10 straight hours.  I decided to
sit it out in a single run ("Let's Get This Over With!") and as a
general plan, it worked fairly well.

Still missed too many states for even one mult but holding the rate up was more
important in the scoring effort.

About once every 2-3 years, I work a friend of mine, who was an engineer for
the State Division of Dams, on 10m SSB from his car in some contest but during
the tail of the contest out he pops from the mud on 40m with his 50w/no-antenna
at-home signal - that was priceless Jim.
WN6K, Paul