[3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 19:56:28 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: ZF2AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: ZF1A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cayman Is.
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 601  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 32  Total Score = 269,916

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

The first night seemed like I was running QRP.  I'm hearing really well and
about half the guys I call can't copy a peep out of me.  Only worked EI7M for
my one EU  Ended up the night with 260 Q's

Finally, about 10 pm Saturday, I started getting a little traction on a quiet
spot above 1900.  First to get thru was UU7J followed by 4 hours of sporadic
EU's.  Some of those guys were very loud for a change.

Then it all went south at 3 am when the static crashes came back with a
vengence. Fortunately, conditions were better and I was being heard now so my
problem was copying the callers.

Thanks to everyone who stuck with me.  I think I got your call right.

Thanks to Andrew and the gang at CARS for the use of the fine ZF1A station.
CU all next week from PJ2T in ARRL SSB

John, K6AM/ZF2AM