[3830] NAQP RTTY AL9A Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY AL9A Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 20:11:55 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 1:54

   80:
   40:  16      5
   20:  12     10
   15:  68     19
   10:
-------------------
Total:  96     34  Total Score = 3,264

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #4

Comments:

Sorry to let SMC #4 down, but this just wasn't the day to do a contest from AK!
Propagation stunk big time due to multiple recent CME's that drove the A index
through the roof. It has since decreased, but the propagation is still slow to
recover.

Bigger problem was my over achiever granddaughter who was participating in the
local school district Speech Contest on Sat. That ate up most of the day. She
was entered in 4 separate speaking categories and placed 1st in three of them
and 2nd in the last one! Hey, another contester in the family! Now to get her
interested in radio.

By the time we got home I had only an hour or so for a few QSOs before we had
to head out for a celebration dinner. After returning home I cleaned up the
dregs of what was left on 40M before the band died out. We'll be gone on
vacation for the July NAQP RTTY so this was my only shot this year.  Bummer.