[3830] CQ160 SSB N4DJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4dj@me.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N4DJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 22:44:57 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N4DJ
Operator(s): N4DJ
Station: N4DJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

Total:  QSOs = 281  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 6  Total Score = 32,350

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: K3 driving Drake L7 500 watts
Antennas: Inverted L,  220 ft NE BOG, 480 ft W BOG, 220 ft South Beverage

Friday night was about as bad as I have ever seen. Not sure how I got 40 Q's
the first hour! I just could not hang in more than two hours Friday night.
Saturday was much better, but still had to ask for more repeats than usual.
Over half my Q's were running.  The highlight of this contest was when KH6AT
called me at 1111 UTC this morning (half hour before my sunrise) with a very
strong signal. I turned on my digital recorder real quick to record part of the
QSO! He said I had a very good signal out there and repeated his call so I could
get it on the recording. I also have a tape of my first KH6 SSB QSO on 160 with
KH6IJ in 1976. What a difference this morning. Except for the static Friday,
these are the "good old days"! Back in 1976, I would never have
thought I would ever hear a KH6 LOUD and CLEAR with just a wire on the ground!

73 and thanks for the patience and the Q's,
Don
N4DJ