[3830] CQ160 SSB K6ND Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rr@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K6ND Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 02:04:10 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K6ND
Operator(s): N1RR WM1K
Station: K6ND

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: WMA
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

Total:  QSOs = 110  State/Prov = 31  Countries = 22  Total Score = 26,447

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Severe thunderstorms approached the station as I was travelling from work to the
station @ 2100Z. Lightening was striking all around me. The sky was lit up with
every strike. This is not the way to start a 160M-SSB DX contest.
This storm front stretched from W3 through W1 up to VE1, VE9 and VO1.
Since I would be the only operator during the first 12 hours, I chose to go
home and sleep.
Saturday brought some pleasant weather and above average temperatures. Let's
see how Top Band will be tonight. Participation was very lite. Had many
unanswered CQ's, which was disappointing. WM1K took turns at the radio and
surrendered after about 2 hours and I was back on. There was DX that I could
work easily, but others could not hear me. The propagation picked up during
some of European sunrise. I never heard any W6's or W7's or Alaska.
New KD9SV box worked out well.