[3830] CWopsT KG5U LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KG5U LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:33:16 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Feb 26

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  25     25
   20:  29     16
   15:  14      5
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  68     46  Total Score = 3,128

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Old Win98 radio PC crapped out last week. Ordered a refurb from
MicroCenter--picture showed two serial ports & USBs with Win7. Actual box
had 1 serial and 1 parallel port and 8 USB ports. Had a USB-Serial adapter from
VHF radio cloning and tried it but it kept locking up N1MM. Found a eHam.net
forum which recommended a FTDI-based chip adapter. Found and ordered 2 from
Amazon.com. Arrived last night about 7pm. Installed the driver, connected up
the radios and it worked perfectly. This morning's CWT was flawless...except
for the oeperator's fubars.... Oh, yeah...the CWT...fun, as usual. Thanks to
all who worked me and even those who just couldn't pull me out of the din/mud.
Best score yet!
73,
dale, kg5u