[3830] ARRLDX SSB N7IR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7ir@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N7IR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 01:21:44 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:  116    41
   20:  144    64
   15:  360    68
   10:  443    80
-------------------
Total: 1063   253  Total Score = 806,817

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My first try at SO2R LP SSB contesting with wav files.  This is certainly more
fun than wearing out my voice over the weekend.  Some challenges were presented
because of the local weather.  Had to keep the crank-up tower at 55' most of the
weekend due to thunderstorms in the area.  The static crashes and precipitation
noise made for difficult reception on Saturday evening local time.

This is only the second time I've managed to break the 1000 QSO barrier in any
contest.  The last time was ARRL DX CW in 2002 with QRP.  I was hoping to break
the 1 megapoint barrier as well but mother nature had other ideas.

Ran Europe on 10 meters on Saturday morning local but couldn't duplicate that
trick on Sunday.  Ran Asia/Oceania both evenings on 10 and 15 and on 40 in the
morning.  That was a new experience for me.  Propagation was better than
expected, again.

Thanks for the contacts and your patience.
73
Gary, N7IR