[3830] ARRLDX SSB KM7N SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, km7n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KM7N SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 03:34:41 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KM7N
Operator(s): KM7N
Station: KM7N

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    3     2
   20:   45    31
   15:   45    23
   10:   82    41
-------------------
Total:  175    97  Total Score = 50,925

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Wow!  I had to work on yet another contest weekend, so this was a part-time
S&P effort, but I worked hard during the times I did play.  I was
pleasantly surprised when I nearly doubled last year's score-on Friday night
alone!  Put in a large chunk of time on Saturday, and a little on Sunday.  My
goal was 100 Qs, as that would be a record number of Qs for this inexperienced
100W and disadvantaged antenna contester.  With 175 Qs in the log, I shattered
that record, and simultaneously set a pretty high bar for my next contesting
effort.  10 and 15 were lots of fun all 3 days.  I heard only a single BG2 on
10 on Saturday without many callers, the band was open and had a number of JA
Qs at this point, so I called and called, but he never answered.  Would have
been a new one for me.  Oh well...20M didn't disappoint, and I was reminded
that despite the plentiful signals on 40, my antennas still stink on that band.
 Perhaps a 40M dipole is in order?

All in all, an insane amount of fun, with 2 new DXCCs worked (OH0 and VP9 on
20M), and a new personal record for not only number of Qs, but overall score to
boot.  Thanks for all the Qs!