[3830] ARRLDX SSB AA3K SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa3k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AA3K SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 05:18:52 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AA3K
Operator(s): AA3K
Station: AA3K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:    6     6
   40:  106    49
   20:  253    88
   15:  255    81
   10:  558   105
-------------------
Total: 1178   329  Total Score = 1,161,699

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This year's harsh mid-Atlantic winter prevented me from putting up my 160m
inverted-L thus causing the lack of activity there.  Everything appears fine on
the HF6V for 80m but it does not tune there and no amount of coil adjusting
causes the SWR curve to shift and that prevented any significant effort there.
All 80m Q's were with 100W.  I'll have to wait until everything thaws so I can
diagnose.  Other than that the high band conditions were assume.  I have never
worked DXCC on one band and I did so on 10m.  Got a couple of runs going from
my small station which are always exciting.  Multipliers seemed a little slow
but a concentrated effort Saturday night kicked them and the score up.