[3830] ARRLDX SSB K2PS SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, psk2ps@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K2PS SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 09:09:42 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: K2PS

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  864    87
-------------------
Total:  864    87  Total Score = 225,504

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Now that was a good contest!  Got the 10M yagi up in the backyard for the
weekend again (antenna-restricted), convincing the XYL to help me guide the
mast into the rotator (which is only about two feet off the ground) as I lifted
the mast/beam into place.  And this time I even managed to extend the mast so
that we cleared the eaves of my one-story house!  How nice to be able to rotate
the antenna 360 degrees once more.  I'll be sad to take it down today, but I
sure can't complain about the weekend.

A lovely opening to Asia lasted about an hour the first night, and with 100
watts and a 17-foot high yagi, working JA is a joy.  Snagged about 20 until the
band closed.  Then helped the XYL (paybacks) get ready to host the
"progressive" dinner Saturday night (appetizers in one place, dinner
in another, and dessert in a third home) for folks in our new neighborhood.
The morning EU opening started with a loud CR2X at 1130Z, about 20 minutes
before sunrise, and I poked along until about 1530Z when I finally got a small
run going.  That took off when I got spotted, and that was amazing!  Had the
rate meter up to 321, and it stayed in the 200s for probably 20 minutes.  What
a blast!  Had to quit at about 2200Z for the dinner, a small price to pay.
Sunday repeated the EU experience, although the run peak came a couple hours
earlier, again boosted by a spotter, just a bit less intense.

Glad to be able to contribute my score to the Florida Contest Group.  But sure
did miss giving out the DC multiplier - I got a number of disappointed people
needing to confirm that indeed it was "59 Florida" that I was handing
out.

73, Pete, K2PS/4