[3830] ARRLDX SSB OP4K M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, op4k@telenet.be
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB OP4K M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 15:37:58 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OP4K
Operator(s): OP4K OO7K
Station: OP4K

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Antwerp
Operating Time (hrs): 28:18

  160:    0     0
   80:   32    17
   40:  182    38
   20:  410    54
   15:  662    61
   10:  485    57
-------------------
Total: 1771   227  Total Score = 1,206,051

Club: Antwerp Contest Club

Comments:

Don't think we expected such great propagation on the high bands after the X6
flare of last week.

No strategy was prepared as only at the last minute Koen - OO7K announced his
limited presence, which makes my entry a M/S.

Slow start the 1st night on the high bands. Seems to have improved over day
Saturday and  some big runs were accomplished 184 Qs at 163/h on 15 followed by
225 Qs at 179/h on 10m.

On Sunday all bands opened very early which made the time flying. In the late
afternoon more big runs 144 Qs at 152/h + 108 Qs at 185/h on 15 and 146Qs at
213/h on 20.
These are surely good reasons to keep us busy during contest weekends and enjoy
the peak of Cycle 24.

Thanks to all who called my station. Hope to work you soon again in one of the
next contest.

Setup
Yaesu FTDX-5000MP
Acom 2000A running 1.5kW
Optibeam OB18-6 (7 el on 10m, 4 el on 15 + 20m and 3 el on 40m) at 50m / 170ft
Dipole (inverted V) for 80m at 50m / 170ft
N1MM

QSO's will soon be uploaded to LOTW and paper QSL will be processed as time
permits

73 Joe
OP4K