[3830] ARRLDX SSB W3DQ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W3DQ M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 17:10:52 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): N8HM W2CDO N3QE W3DQ
Station: W3DQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   13    12
   80:   39    30
   40:  108    52
   20:  209    81
   15:  394    86
   10:  386    89
-------------------
Total: 1149   350  Total Score = 1,205,400

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It is always fun operating with this great group of operators and friends,
giving out the rare DC mult!

For DX contests, the station fits somewhere between a cap gun and little
pistol. With only a wire each for 160 and 80 and using them for 40, it's hard
to get any traction on the low bands. We did reasonably well on 20, 15 and 10,
which was wide open on Saturday and Sunday.

Didn't hear much from Asia, Africa and Oceania, although the JA's and VK's were
quite loud on 15 and 10. I was amazed we worked 10 stations on all 6 bands,
considering how poor 160 was from here.

Thanks to N8HM for starting out and slogging through
"out-of-the-gate" craziness; W2CDO for his cool and calm Sunday
operating, and N3QE for covering Saturday night, and then leaving for home,
where he made 1000 Q's on his own!

See you in the next one!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC