[3830] ARRLDX SSB N6AA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richardjnorton@dslextreme.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N6AA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 18:43:11 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6AA
Operator(s): N6AA
Station: N6AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   16    12
   80:   51    29
   40:  103    47
   20:  156    65
   15:  183    58
   10:  324    73
-------------------
Total:  833   284  Total Score = 705,456

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Bad power line noise. Hard to copy stations. Used NR function in Elecraft K3
essentially the entire contest on all bands, which made more stations readable.
Need to engage power company once more.

Rainstorm kept me indoors, and in spite of the line noise, kept returning to
the radio. Need to undergo eruptive radio-addiction treatment.

25 stations answered my CQ's
803 stations were worked by S&P

Worked on 6 bands:  C6ANA, HK1NA, KH6LC, KH7M, KH7XX, P40L, PL2T, PJ4G, T48K,
TI8M, and VP5H.

17 others were worked on 5 bands.

Have not maintained station adequately. 40-meter beam has had only half of it's
reflector for about 2 years, so it's now a dipole. Tri-band beam stopped working
last 6 or 8 hours of the contest. Used backup dipole on 15. Rotator on backup
10-meter beam didn't work. Probably checked it a few years ago. Need to fix
more broken stuff.

Don't deserve to win anything, but with the plethora of categories will
probably end up receiving a certificate, which I don't need or want. Wish I
could save contest sponsors the cost of sending them to me without resorting to
sending in only a check log.