[3830] ARRLDX SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 05:33:01 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:  209    48
   80:  595    59
   40: 1405    59
   20: 1800    61
   15: 2161    61
   10: 2822    60
-------------------
Total: 8992   348  Total Score = 9,387,648

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Contest started great with a 400 hour and was a couple hundred ahead of the NA
record pace by sunrise.  However, the next morning conditions were so good, it
was hard to get the attention of the US/VE stations until 10 closed to Europe.
As a result, rates were slow all morning and I fell about 200 Q's behind the NA
record pace.  A good second night allowed me to claw back to parity with the
pace.  Unfortunately, Sunday morning was slower than Saturday and the late
afternoon high rates did not materialize like prior years.  In the end,
finished just ahead of last year's score.

Still great fun and the station worked perfectly

Thanks to all for the Q's

73, Tom W2SC

QSL vi LoTW or NN1N