[3830] WPX SSB KT4ZB SO(A)AB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KT4ZB SO(A)AB(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:04:23 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) LP
QTH: Savannah, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:
   80:   29
   40:  192
   20:  406
   15:  415
   10:  515
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

It doesn't get any better than this!

All my WPX records were obliterated �" WOW - At first I thought, I'm
starting to get the hang of this contesting thing.  But soon realized that
propagation is the controlling factor vs. my operating skills.  The only real
goal I had made was to improve running at low power in this contest and
increasing the number of prefixes.  That goal was achieved by making over 400
Q's during some amazing runs to Europe and Asia.  The runs harvested many new
prefixes including ones from Qatar, China, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Japan and
India.  My previous best prefix total was 655, so the new total of 826 was over
the top.  In summary, the runs resulted in more contacts (1557 vs 1229) and my
first score over 3M in any contest.

Another indicator of how good the conditions were, is that the station felt
strong much of the time.  I was able to break many of the pile-ups, both to
Asia and Europe, and received many comments of a booming signal. The DX was
very good with Gabon, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, China (10 contacts), India,
Israel, Indonesia, Saudi, Turkey, Korea, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Kiribati some
nifty UA's and UN's and working 68 JA's from Southeast Georgia adding to the
fun of low power contesting.  Missed the T88, JT and several others.  20m
Saturday night was amazing.

WPX is probably my favorite contest and the score is a best for this station.
Thanks to everyone for hearing me and working to get my exchange.  Lots of QRM
on 15m and 20m, so I know there will be busted contacts.  Also, thanks to CQ
and the contest committee for all their work.

Best �" Jere

FT 1000-MP MK-V Field, TH6-DXX, dipoles in the trees and N1MM.