[3830] WPX SSB NT3S(DH8BQA) SO(A)SB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dh8bqa@necg.de
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NT3S(DH8BQA) SO(A)SB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:37:12 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NT3S
Operator(s): DH8BQA
Station: N2MM

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH: NJ / FM29
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  (4)
   40: (34)
   20: (47)
   15: (22)
   10: 1649
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Many many thanks to Carol, N2MM, for inviting me to use her station during
WPX-SSB after I had spent a week on business in Boston, MA. So flew down Friday
afternoon to Philadelphia, PA, where Carol picked me up for transport to her QTH
in NJ.

Another big thank you to Norm, W3IZ, for lending the club call NT3S for use
during the contest. It sure helped to keep the rate a little up at times. ;-)

I really had a very enjoyable time, great to experience contesting from the
other side of the pond. Conditions were very nice Friday evening with a few
JA's right after the contest started and before the band faded. Saturday still
good but distorted later on and no JA opening. Sunday better again but sorrily
had to leave at 18z already to catch my flight back to Germany. As I heard
later from Carol 10 m had still been open 21.30z into *all* continents in
parallel ...

Would I have known before that I would be through check-in, baggage drop *and*
TSA in under 10 minutes I certainly would have operated at least an hour
longer. ;-)

Thanks again Carol!

73, Olli - DH8BQA