[3830] WPX SSB W1PH(W6PH) SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W1PH(W6PH) SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 04:32:42 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W1PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W1PH

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Amherst NH
Operating Time (hrs): 9.8

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  118
   15:  205
   10:  224
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

TS-930S  SB-220  Cushcraft AV-3 triband vertical

Win-test 11.4

I was at my NH QTH and decided to get on for a few hours on Friday night and
Saturday as I was traveling back to my California QTH on Sunday.  I was really
surprised how well a 12 foot high vertical can do about 15 feet from my house
and ground mounted.  I never noticed the signal deterioration that others have
mentioned.  Except for 30 minutes on 15 meters, all contacts were S&P.  I
found a clear frequency on 15 meters and decided to call CQ and had a 30 minute
run before it petered out.  This is the first time that I have ever operated the
WPX and I enjoyed it.

73, Kurt W6PH