[3830] WPX SSB KK6P(W7IV) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marinesvcs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KK6P(W7IV) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 18:58:45 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KK6P
Operator(s): W7IV
Station: W6HD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:    1
   80:   34
   40:  146
   20:  206
   15:  361
   10:  624
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

What a great weekend operating at W6HD!  I never really got the rate up where I
wanted it, but was fairly consistent throughout. John's tribander is at 50',
but there is a very steep dropoff to the East - good for DX, but I think that's
why I could never get a good domestic run going.  EU, on the other hand, was
quite a treat.

I've only been contesting since 2009 and this is the first time my EU totals
have exceeded those from Asia.  Working Northern Europe at 2300 local on 15m is
something I haven't experienced since I was a teenager in the late 70's.

All in all, I would have had more fun running high power, but LP was great
training for busting pileups and cultivating patience.  Thanks again to John
and Jane for their generous hospitality and the use of their wonderful station.
 I'm in the middle of building up my station again after moving back to CA and
hope to begin contesting in earnest again from home next year.

As always, thanks to all the casual contesters who came out and handed out Q's
and mults.  I always try to encourage new hams when I get a call from a low
serial number guy on Sunday.  They might take a little longer, but hopefully
the contesting community will continue to grow.

73, Paul / W7IV