[3830] WPX SSB NE9U(@W0AIH) SOSB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne9u@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NE9U(@W0AIH) SOSB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 03:32:05 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: W0AIH

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1544
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Kind of a last minute decision to to this contest...usually I don't participate
due to lack of free weekends, but now that I'm an old retired fart, every day
is a weekend!  :-)  No one had planned any Multi operation from W0AIH, so
decided to give 10 meter single band a shot as long as 10 meters has been in
such great shape.

Friday night and Saturday morning were huge disappointments....the solar
flare(s) killed direct path propagation to Europe Saturday morning and only
workable Europe from our northerly latitudes were Big Gun's off a skew path
towards Africa.
Sunday morning was MUCH better and little pistols direct could easily be
worked.  Worked a bunch of QRP with antenna in attic guys!  Rate Saturday
morning stayed in 40's while Sunday was around 100 most of morning.

Thanks to Paul for having me over.  Its always a fun time!

Scott  NE9U