[3830] WPX SSB IY1GMS(@IQ1RY) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iz1lbg@alice.it
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB IY1GMS(@IQ1RY) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 21:00:59 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: IY1GMS
Operator(s): I1BEP IK1HXN IK1RQT IK1SPR IV3BSY IV3CWB IW1ROR IZ1LBG IZ1PLH
Station: IQ1RY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bra (CN)
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   11
   80:  182
   40:  617
   20: 1188
   15: 1084
   10: 1269
------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Once again a great fun @IQ1RY! And as usual the station work great, with no
hardware problem during the contest! And as usual no contest can be made
without the station setup of Flavio IK1RQT and Flavio IK1SPR and the logistic
and the time spent by Renato I1BEP.

Thanks to Albarto IV3BSY and Nicola IV3CWB that have made a 5 hours car travel
to come to operate here. This time we also have some novice operating this
contest: Alessandro IW1ROR and Salvatore IZ1PLH made they first running QSO
during a CQ contest @IQ1RY.

The first plan was to make a M2 but then the local op were all not fulltime so
at the end we decide to enter on MS and this was the rigth choice since ur
guest operator were forced to leave earlier than expected.

Band condition on high band were really incredible: 10m were open almost until
21z with really strong, 15m as well on a good shape but with not so many people
and 20m open for all day long with incredible signal for all nigth from US. On
the other side on 40m and 80m  there were few people and we have some problem
to find a running frequency.

About the call: IY1GMS is a special callsign to mark the 100th anniversary of
the appointment of Guglielmo Marconi Life Senator of the Kingdom of Italy,
December 30, 1914. It will be active until 31 December 2014.

I think we will remember this contest for a while but we cannot wait until the
next one!

See you during the ARI DX contest on 3/4 May!

Filippo IZ1LBG (and all IQ1RY team)