[3830] WPX SSB ZM1A(ZL3CW) SO(A)SB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ZM1A(ZL3CW) SO(A)SB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 19:08:54 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ZM1A
Operator(s): ZL3CW
Station: ZL1AIH

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH: Kumeu
Operating Time (hrs): 31.35

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 2377
------------

Club:

Comments:

I was planning to enter the contest as SOAA. So as the contest started at 1.00
pm local time here in New Zealand, I began on 10 meter.
Conditions were FANTASTIC, so I could not change band. At 11 pm the band was
still open and I was still working Europe.  Because of the 36 hours rule, I
decided to have my time off when the band will close.
This happen at about midnight! While I had a rest, I left the radio on 28.200
and waited until I could hear the beacon again which happened at around 6.00 am
(beaming USA).
I started again and worked all day until midnight (when the band died)! Living
once again the radio on to the beacon, amazingly I could hear it at the same
time the next morning….
I did not have such good conditions on Ten for ages, it just sounded like we
were back in the early 80’s. The band was so consistent for the 48 hours of
the contest.
I could not believe how many stations were telling me they were QRP running 5
watts or mobile!
I had a lot of fun, I can assure you. I am now looking forward to the next
contest and hopefully have the same conditions.

Thanks again to Ken, ZL1AIH for is kind hospitality.

73’s Jacky, ZM1A ( ZL3CW)