[3830] WPX SSB P43A(@P49V) SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, p43a@setarnet.aw
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB P43A(@P49V) SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 01:31:46 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: P43A
Operator(s): P43A
Station: P49V

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2845
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

As no one was using the P49V station this week-end i decided, with Carl's
blessing, to set up camp there for the week-end. Firstly I wanted to experience
the feeling to have multiple antennas in different directions during a contest
and secondly i wanted to know if my recent "home-repaired" FT2000D
would hold out under the stress of a contest.
The station worked great, its fun to have a stack of TH7's into Europe, another
stack of TH7's to the West Coast & Central part of the US and then the 4
element Steppir in Bi-mode to the East Coast and South America at the back!
Propagation was great (besides the short solar black-out on Saturday) but not
really to our advantage down South here. As the bands stay open a lot longer
into Europe the guys in the States have no real reason to turn the antennas
South, making it harder for us to have long consistant runs into the states.
Europeans were plentyfull, but there relative weaker signals makes it harder to
get high rate runs from Europe.
Anyhow, all things concidered it was a good contest, radio worked as it should
(and is still working!!) antennas performed nicely and i guess the total score
was not that bad.
Thanks to Carl & Sue, and all of you that worked me! W'll be back!!

73's de P43A, Jean-Pierre

FT-2000D, Acom 2000A, 4x Hygain TH7DX's (on 2 sepperate twrs) and 4 el. Steppir