[3830] EA RTTY VA2UP SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] EA RTTY VA2UP SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 02:23:13 +0000
                    EA RTTY Contest

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

   80:   41    24
   40:  188    69
   20:  269    85
   15:  267    87
   10:  167    74
-------------------
Total:  932   339  Total Score = 449,514

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

N1MM has calculated the score according to new regulations (?), I hope I'm
posting the result correctly.
Wow what a weekend! Very nice start to the contest with 10 and 15 well open and
working nicely into EU. Got some snow flakes just to remind us that we live in
Canada! Things started a bit slow for 40M but were picking up when suddenly at
00:00z in the middle of the exchange with Hal ZS6WB the power went off! In
total darkness looked for a flashlight and opened the blinds to see what was
going on. The street was blocked and police cars , ambulances, fire trucks were
all over. Are they looking for me???? Not so, from what I could see a large city
bus had lost control and ended up against a building right across from ours.
Problem is that in his run he smashed into a Hydro post that broke and was
hanging sideways held up only by the power cables. When I saw that I knew
contest was over. Packed my things, unplugged everything and went back home
pretty disappointed, to watch the hockey game with the family (good thing the
Mtl Canadians won). Later that night still thinking about the contest I called
the office and surprise, the answering machine went on, power was back! Got my
things once again and back to the station I went. Unfortunately things were
never the same. Bands got poor and I ended up sleeping at the station hoping
the morning would bring something good my way but it never happened. Not a
single run on any band. Discouraged and fed up (really! that's rare...) I
closed the shop and pulled the plug for good. Sometimes that's the way it goes
and you have to accept it!
On the other hand I have to congratulate EA stations that showed up in great
number for the contest. Poor NA participation I found.
73, Fabi va2up