[3830] MoQP W0E(KI0I) Rover Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MoQP W0E(KI0I) Rover Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 03:39:28 +0000
                    Missouri QSO Party

Call: W0E
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: W0E

Class: Rover Multi-Op LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  575     0  Mults = 57  Total Score = 65,550

Club:

Comments:

Mobile contesting has to be the ultimate in manic-depression.We plan for a year
to get on the road and compete in the game .Then the day comes with the
anticipation of great things,all systems checked and ready,fire up the car the
radio and computer. We pull out of the drive onto the road for a day of furious
contesting activity and then the clock strikes GO!Hit F1 for CQ and POOF, the
logger locks up ,then the laptop. Twenty minutes of desperate restarts and
finally we are on the run! This was only the harbinger of things to come.At
least a half dozen more freeze-ups,a power connector problem at back of radio
and RF (I presume) throwing the presets off for the screwdriver controller,
altogether proved a real test of sanity. I guess the results of this test
proves in fact I am insane because I wouldn't miss all this for the world. I
even look forward to doing it again!
I want to thank all the patient ops who hung in there with me while I vanished
to restart this and that before returning.My partners who drove me around the
state,Slim WA0BGV, who took the wheel Saturday and Dave W0DR, who made the
Sunday trip,made it a much more enjoyable event.
John N6MU is like the mobile watchman, correcting us when we try to use the
wrong county abbreviation! Thank you John.I'm glad you're always there!
The DX ops were everywhere and a welcome addition to the log as the bands
seemed at times to favor EU more than US.Laci OM2VL sounded like a local as
usual as did several DL signals.
If all goes well I'll try a run thru KS and AR again this year but first a
home-based run of W1AW/0 in late may. I hope to hear many of your familiar
callsigns then.
Thank you all for coming back to the CQ's of the pork-n-bean mobile setup.It's
great to hear so many guys having fun in these QSO parties.
A big thank you goes out to the B.E.A.R.S. club and Randy,N0LD for the special
effort to make MOQP a success!
Til next time 73  Mark KI0I