[3830] GaQP NJ4U(K4EA) Single OpCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP NJ4U(K4EA) Single OpCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 23:40:24 +0000
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: NJ4U
Operator(s): K4EA
Station: K4EA

Class: Single OpCW HP
QTH: Cherokee
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:    179
   20:    184
   15:     59
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    422       0  CW-Dig Mults = 48  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 40,512

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

It was good to be back in on again after several years of inactivity.  The new
QTH is very promising and I hope to get some towers up soon. For now all
antennas are just wires in the trees.  40M GP with elevated radials and a
centerfed dipole with 20M long legs.  The dipole worked okay on 20 and 15 but
to low for 40 or 80. As everyone noted, conditions were stinko. However some Eu
signals on 40 were huge.  I was dissapointed in the poor showing from CA
stations as we (SECC) are big supporters of the CQP.  Maybe it was just
conditions but most of the west coast stations worked were good.  Thanks to my
CA friends W6OAT, N6MU, N6QQ, and N6KN who gave me at least one qso each.
DL3DXX was one of the loudest stations worked on 40.

I am concentrating on 40 for now and plan to have several verticle three
element arrays up for WPX.

Neal, K4EA