[3830] OnQP VE3CX SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cx@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] OnQP VE3CX SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 02:14:37 +0000
                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VE3CX
Operator(s): VE3CX
Station: VE3CX

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Kenora (EN29)
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   76            45
   20:  149            59
   15:   60            27
   10:    7             4
    6:
    2:
---------------------------
Total:  292     0     135  Total Score = 83,160

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

The plan was for VE3TU and I to go to KENora for this one.  We had planned to go
last year, but plans got derailed when we got two feet of snow.  This year,
Manuel's dog of 15 years passed away, so he decided not to go.  As I was
driving to the site (a five hour drive), there was white-out conditions and
traffic was moving slowly.  Three cars and one 18 wheeler parked in the ditch
on that stretch of road.  Ended up starting two hours late by the time the snow
settled and I got on the air.

Used my K3, an R5 vertical at five feet, and a 40 inverted vee with the apex at
25 feet.  Was interesting operating with compromise antennas.  Tried 10 quite a
few times - lots of spots, good signals, but I was NOT loud at all...  Same
thing with 80.  Used the tuner in the K3 with the 40 inverted vee, but was not
able to raise anyone...  Oh well - lesson learned on that one.

Managed to beat the old record set in 2000, and it was a blast! It was a lot
of fun to get several runs going considering the antennas I was using.

Thanks for the QSO's.

Tom - VE3CX