[3830] GaQP AA4LR Single OpMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] GaQP AA4LR Single OpMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 19:41:00 +0000
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single OpMixed LP
QTH: Floyd
Operating Time (hrs): 9.1

  160:      7
   80:     31       14
   40:    179       93
   20:     50        2
   15:      3
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    270      109  CW-Dig Mults = 42  Ph Mults = 26  Total Score = 45,430

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
80/40m Trap dipole at 10m high (80, 40m)
160/80/40 Inverted L up 10m (160-15m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100 with KAT3 tuner, running 100 watts

Comments:

Loads of fun once again handing out Floyd county for the Georgia QSO Party. I
didn't have much time to plan this effort. I had some commitments earlier in
the day, so I didn't get started until after 1930z. Based on conditions, I
don't believe I missed a whole lot. Other than some short breaks, I managed to
stay in the chair for the next seven hours.

Conditions were not great. I could get some small runs on 20m CW, but nothing
on Phone. 40m was the huge money band again this year. 80m was somewhat noisy,
but workable. Not a whole lot of folks braved 160m.

Lots of stuff to do Sunday, so didn't get on until practically the same time as
Saturday. Ran out of juice at 2130z, and then back for the last 15 minutes
before the end.

Best moment was being spotted on 40m and having my friend W1YM call me. I
haven't seen Mike in about 14 years, but I still like to hear from him from
time to time.